Friday, May 3, 2013

New York Knicks vs Boston Celtics, 4-2


I didn't want to write anything about the New York Knicks vs. Boston Celtics 1st Round NBA Playoffs Series until it was over, just because i didn't want to jinx our home team.  Now that it's over, wow... how many years has it been since we've advanced to the 2nd round?  Was the last time back in 2000 or 2001 I think?  Man, does it feels good.

What a tough, well-fought series between both teams.  The Celtics, coming out after that tragic horrific Boston bombing just 2 weeks ago, fought hard.  JR Smith... man, you just can't do that in the playoffs, throwing elbows and committing stupid fouls.  I think we would've ended the series 4-0 if he didn't get suspended, giving us some rest before our next series against Indiana or Atlanta.  Then there was the whole dressing in black for a funeral ordeal... c'mon... this is playoff basketball, it's all about business on the court.  Why do something like that off the court and incite the other team or attract the media in a negative way.  I wasn't mad that Boston won Game 5.  That should teach them to be serious about this opportunity, because in 10-15+ years now, we finally have a shot to win a championship.

The first 3 games we came out strong and that's the way we need to play the rest of the way.  Great defense, great scoring.  Then the knucklehead things had to happen and we went on a detour but hopefully now we're back on track.  Excellent start to Game 6, and although it looked like it was going to be a blowout (I was so hoping it would be), man, what a total collapse for us!  We had a 24-point lead, maybe more, and then Boston goes on a 20-0 something run... CRAZY!  I was on the edge of my seat, breath held for that 5-minute stretch!  Just sloppy basketball for us, and great comeback by the Celtics no doubt.  If we're getting out the playoff jitters, then I hope this was the moment because this cannot, and I repeat, CANNOT happen again... I'm glad we stayed strong and pulled through, 88-80 final score.  (should've been 88-64)

I still don't want to go extensively into each game.  I was worried that I was a jinx before because I had never been to a live Knicks game where we had won in the last 10 or so years.  The first game I've attended where we won happened to be a few months ago against the Memphis Grizzlies.  Then we lost to the Heat a week later.  Nevertheless, I don't want to jinx the Knicks any further and will post brief comments about each series after they are over.  Let's go Knicks!


No comments:

Post a Comment