Thursday, January 24, 2013

Knicks vs. Celtics game 2 going on right now.  So far, we're looking good and ready to rebound from our first encounter to tie the series up.  I don't understand how we lost to the Brooklyn Nets in the last game of our 4-game series.  They are a scrub team, and despite the new home, they are still the New Jersey Nets to me so those "Brooklyn" fans can just shove it.  The Brooklyn Nets suck.


I started playing Dead Island recently and man is it fun.  It's like a Diablo game with zombies -- 4 different character types to choose from, zombies drop money and items when killed, rare weapon drops/finds/purchases, side quests, etc.  Overall, a very awesome game so far, especially since I'm a Diablo fan (although I haven't played the 3rd one yet), and I'll update my progress soon.  I started playing as the Chinese hotel receptionist, Xian Mei, who is the martial arts blades expert in the game, so I've been jumping around slashing and chopping heads off!  I just made my "mule" character, Purna, and I will get into her build as I level her up a bit.  I hear Borderlands 2 is similar but is more of a 1st person shooter than a 1st person hack-n-slash.  I'll probably be getting that in the future when it gets a Game of the Year edition with all DLCs.


RE: 89-86 Knicks!  JR Smith, who could not hit a bucket this game, made a big 3 to give us an 89-84 lead with under a minute to go, then makes the defensive play of the game, causing Paul Pierce to turn the ball over.  Despite the poor shooting, never gave up and still played hard on the defensive end in this game (I didn't forget his steal to stop a 3 on 1 fast break alley-oop attempt earlier in the 3rd or 4th quarter).  Funny note, he was wearing Jordan XIIs (12s) black/white playoffs earlier in the game and I guess switched out with these white/orange Nikes.
I have to say, I really like the tenacious defense of the Celtics... I wish our team can pressure the ball like that, leaving opponents with only 16 seconds to run their plays.  Much respect to their team defense, but of course KG's punk bitch bullying doesn't get any respect.  Used to like him back in the Timberwolves days... I still remember being in UC Berkeley at a downstairs bar under Tower Records near campus, watching the Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Los Angeles Lakers playoff series back in 2003 and cheering the shit out for KG, Sprewell, and Cassell.  Fred Hoiberg was on that team too, haha, and of course "Mad" Mark Madsen.

No comments:

Post a Comment