Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Been busy working the past few weeks.  Big announcement coming soon...

Here's an important message from Stephen Silver to us artists out there to "Stop Working For Free":
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-commentary/stephen-silver-stop-working-for-free-77417.html 



I have worked on some past productions for free and it is true what he says... sometimes you are treated like shit and no one respects you and the time and effort you invest, especially when you don't have the confidence in yourself and what you bring to the table.  Of course, on the professional sets I've worked on, they pay minimum or low wages and this is because they respect your hard work and dedication and assistance (I for one know that whatever I'm working on, I put forth all my effort to do my job the best that I can).  Even those that I am paid to work on, I put up with people, most of the time younger than me (yeah, I'm old despite looking and sounding 10 years younger than I am), barking orders at me time and again, but when you're not getting paid, you should say "fuck this, I'm not taking this shit, I'm outta here" because that's just plain disrespectful, especially when you're working for free when you ought to be getting paid for your services.  Believe you me, it's just not worth it.  Credit my ass, these people don't respect the fact that everyone is a part of a team and therefore everyone should be treated fairly and respectfully.  Some people don't understand how this industry works just yet.  Then again, some people are just assholes, heh.

Soon, if no one has figured it out yet already, I will let everyone in on my profession and my ties to The Dark Knight Rises.  But for now, I want to say that this industry that I work in is all about teamwork and if some people are getting paid for their work, then you should as well for your skills, talents, efforts, and experience.  I support your rant, Stephen Silver.  Spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment